With the European decision (Directive 2020/1057) and the progressive implementation of the Mobility Package, customers based in EU are no longer obliged to nominate a representative in the European countries which had already put in place a national legislation for the posting of drivers. Therefore, the SIPSI website for France will no longer be accessible (EXCEPT for hauliers registered in a country outside of the European Union) and the role of Eurovat as a representative in France will cease for EU based customers.
From now on, the transport companies registered in a Member state of the European Union have to:
- use a dedicated web portal in order to comply with the new harmonized regulations concerning the posting of drivers in the sector of the European road transportation : the INTERNAL MARKET INFORMATION SYSTEM or IMI, available in all European languages.
- file a posting declaration when the drivers they employ are posted in another EU Member state for the performance of a transport contract. This declaration has to be done in the IMI Web Portal.
Some useful links to help EU based customers with the new rules:
- Preparing declarations: https://www.postingdeclaration.eu/
- Frequently asked questions: https://www.postingdeclaration.eu/help
- Tool and video for getting started : https://www.ela.europa.eu/en/road-transport
EUROVAT remains at your customers’ disposal during the transition period in the following weeks if they may have contacts with French authorities.